Peninsula ABI Support group offers people with an Acquired Brain Injury the opportunity to get together with other people who have shared a similar experience and the chance to develop new friendships and to become involved in new activities. Program includes monthly meetings, monthly outings and four weekends away to various locations
* The Andrew Kerr Frail and Aged Care Complex is a not for profit organisation, established to help the frail aged in the Mornington area |* Residential, Respite, Community Care and Day Care|* Community Care Packages are planned and co-ordinated packages to help people with care needs remain living in their own home||* Andrew Kerr Adult Day Care Centre|* Offers a wide variety of enjoyable and interesting activities for isolated or frail aged people|* Social interaction |* Provides day respite to carers|* Clients do not need a referral ||* The Hostel provides Low Level Care for those who cannot live independently |* Assessment for eligibility is based on an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Service at Mount Eliza|* Accommodation for 57 residents, with a centralised dining area|* All facilities on site|* Respite Care is available in Low Level Care||* The Nursing Home accommodation provides High Level Care for people who need 24 hour nursing care|* Accommodation of 36 single rooms and twelve double rooms|* Assessment through Aged Care Assessment Service
* Blood Collection Service / Blood donation centre|* A permanent blood collection centre, open five days weekly plus 1st and 3rd Saturdfays and most public holidays|* Donations taken whole blood, plasma and platelets
* Community owned, not for profit private hospital|* Acute Medical and Surgical Units|* Midwifery Unit|* Day Surgery Unit|* High Dependency Unit||* Mc Grath Foundation Nurse|* Prostate cancer care Nurse||Also In the building|* Medical Consulting rooms|* Pathology|* Radiology
* The recovery program has been designed to provide specialised support, education and clinical care to clients seeking to overcome their dependency on alcohol |* No referral is necessary, but clients will need private health insurance||* Group Programs|* Family Group Programs
* Ageing in place accommodation |* 12 single rooms with ensuite
HPP provides assertive outreach to people experiencing homelessness who have unmet primary health care needs. The aim of the service is to link to mainstream and specialist service, by providing short term care coordination, facilitating engagement and promoting independence.
HPP is unable to provide a crisis response.
* Support Group for younger women with breast cancer on the Mornington Peninsula. All women welcome.|* Provides resources and education to women|* Breast Care Nurse expertise|* Participate on any level, enter and exit the group at any stage||* The support group provides a safe place for people affected by cancer to come together, to support each other, develop friendships, and share ideas and thoughts|* Breast Intentions is co facilitated by women who have had cancer diagnosis and health professionals ||RESOURCES:|* CANCER COUNCIL 13 11 2 - www.cancervic.org.au |* LIFELINE: 13 11 14 - 24 hour telephone support - www.lifeline.org.au |* CANCER AUSTRALIA - 18 624 973 - www.canceraustralia.gov.au |* BREAST CANCER NETWORK AUSTRALIA - 18 5 528 - www.bcna.org.au |* LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER - 18.65.96 - www.lgfb.org.au
Screening centres are located throughout Victoria including sites in the CBD, Frankston, Rosebud, Dandenong, Berwick, Glen Waverley and Moorabbin Campus. Visit breastscreen.org.au to find your nearest clinic.|1 in 9 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime with 75% of women diagnosed are aged over 5. A mammogram every 2 years is the best way to detect breast cancer early.|BreastScreen Victoria offers free breast cancer screening for women aged 5-74, also accepting women in their 4's and over 74.|The service is free and all mammography staff are female.
The Butterfly Foundation is Australia’s national organisation for eating disorders and body image. Butterfly provides information, research and support to those affected by eating disorders through the following services:
- Butterfly’s National Helpline 1800 33 4673 (toll-free helpline)
- Treatment services
o Intensive Outpatient Program
o Outpatient Program for Young People
- Recovery programs for individuals and carers
- Support groups for individuals and carers
- Education services
- Research and resources
For more information please visit www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au
* Camp Manyung Recreation Camp, delivers outdoor education programs for primary and secondary school groups|* Situated in Mount Eliza on Port Phillip Bay|* 3 metres from the beach|* Group accommodation venue for, schools, churches, sports, community groups, recreation, cultural, |* Activities range from environmental studies to adventure activities|* Camps operated by the Victorian YMCA are situated at Bacchus Marsh, Ballarat, Mount Evelyn, Anglesea, Phillip Island and Falls Creek|* Comfortable heated accommodation in cabins, cottages and lodges for up to 15 people|* Regatta House provides accommodation for smaller groups with a beach side location in a self contained lodge, with facilities for up to 36 people|Large recreation hall , meeting rooms, basketball court, oval, camp fire, barbecue area, and outdoor theatre/chapel