Abacus is a not-for-profit early intervention service for children diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) || Our ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) programs aim to help children with ASD develop the skills they require to enjoy a happy and fulfilling life.|The child-specific programs focus on increasing the intellectual academic, social and emotional behaviours of children with an ASD, so that they can more effectively learn in their social and educational settings, and require less professional care in the future.||Children's ABA programs are delivered on a 1:1 staff to child ratio and focus on the child having fun while he or she learns||Our team is committed to valuing each child's gains and ensuring that learning is individualised to suit each child and family.||Abacus also offers a service for all primary school aged students, in the form of centre-based or school based ABA sessions.||These sessions assist children who are having difficulty with social and academic skills at school.
* Hospitality, Community Services TAE VCAL |* Horticulture|* Disability Services|* Aged care |* Food handling RSA Barista|* First aid CPR|* Apprenticeships and traineeships
* Co- educational F-12 school
* Pre-school for four year olds
3 & 4 year old kinder
*Primary education for children
*Primary education for children
Early Learning Centre for 3 & 4 years|Primary and Secondary Education|Prep to Year 12 incl. VCAL
* Pre-School for three year and four year old children
* State Primary School|* Prep to Grade 6|* Before and After School Care
* Community Centre - Information and resources |* Outreach Services: |* Maternal and Child Health Service|* Play groups & child activities|* Meet and chat groups for mothers and members of the community|* Social Groups|* Fitness Classes and gentle Exercises including Pilates and Yoga|* Workshops |* Art Classes|See Class Program sheet for further details of types of classes available
Biala Peninsula supports children (birth to 12 years) with additional needs, delays and disabilities and their families. We are open 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) and can offer services in childrens’ homes, the community, schools, kindergartens, child care or at our centre.
With a team of 40+ staff Biala is constantly developing, growing and building on services, programs and supports based on the needs of the children and families we work with. Our outstanding professional staff team includes, early Childhood/Special Education Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, a Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Counsellor, Music Therapist, Allied Health Assistants as well as EC Program Assistants. We have a Training & Professional Development Calendar with sessions throughout the year and support schools with our allied health in house contract service.
Our quality programs and sessions are child centred and designed to meet the individual needs of each child.
▪ National Disability Insurance Schemes services - including Improved Daily Living, Core Supports, Support Coordination, Plan Management,
▪ Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS)
▪ Chronic Disease Management Plans
▪ Mental Health Plans
▪ Helping Children with Autism Packages
▪ Better Start for Children
▪ 3 year old Inclusive Kinder program
▪ PoP – Premmies on the Peninsula
▪ Parent Support Program
▪ Dads United
▪ Information, resources & advocacy.