* Family support, Disability care support, |* Parent / education groups, |* Peer parent support groups, Individual support packages, flexible support
* Services includes consultation with a trained Breastfeeding counsellor and ongoing information and support|* Supports and educates mothers wishing to breastfeed their babies.|* Regular discussion group meetings and coffee mornings held at different venues|* Lending library available on all aspects of Mothering and Child Care.|* Electric Breast Pump for Hire|* Local counsellors are on the Peninsula, and at Carrum Downs, Frankston and Chelsea
*When children can't live safely at home because of serious child abouse,|neglect, and family violence, volunteer foster carers provide temporary care for|children and young people in their home. Berry Street accredit foster carers|from the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
Biala Peninsula supports children (birth to 12 years) with additional needs, delays and disabilities and their families. We are open 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) and can offer services in childrens’ homes, the community, schools, kindergartens, child care or at our centre.
With a team of 40+ staff Biala is constantly developing, growing and building on services, programs and supports based on the needs of the children and families we work with. Our outstanding professional staff team includes, early Childhood/Special Education Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, a Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Counsellor, Music Therapist, Allied Health Assistants as well as EC Program Assistants. We have a Training & Professional Development Calendar with sessions throughout the year and support schools with our allied health in house contract service.
Our quality programs and sessions are child centred and designed to meet the individual needs of each child.
▪ National Disability Insurance Schemes services - including Improved Daily Living, Core Supports, Support Coordination, Plan Management,
▪ Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS)
▪ Chronic Disease Management Plans
▪ Mental Health Plans
▪ Helping Children with Autism Packages
▪ Better Start for Children
▪ 3 year old Inclusive Kinder program
▪ PoP – Premmies on the Peninsula
▪ Parent Support Program
▪ Dads United
▪ Information, resources & advocacy.
Crib Point Community House is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a variety of programs and services to you, the community. It is a friendly and safe place to learn new skills and make new friends. Whether it be with a class, support group, referrals or just a cuppa and a chat, our friendly volunteers will greet you with a smile and are only too willing to help and guide you. We offer a variety of low cost classes each term as well as a meeting place and our Market on 2nd Saturday of every month.
We support children and young people and their families in Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula to build friendships, widen social networks, and promote inclusion to strengthen the bonds people have within their communities. For young people with a disability (0-30 years) who have an NDIS Plan we offer Support Co-ordination, Plan Management, Inclusion Support Workers to provide 1:1 support and skills training, and a Volunteer Match Program for friendship/mentoring.
Wallaroo Community Centre in Hastings West aims to increase community safety, wellbeing and inclusion, with a special focus on women and children. It offers a range of activities and services including Neighbourhood House programs, local Aboriginal Elders meetings, arts space, children’s playgroups, and parent and family engagement programs.
Hastings Toy Library is a non-profit, community managed organisation that provides a toy lending service to families and has been running for over 30 years, funded by the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council. The Library is managed by a Committee of Management and a Toy Library Coordinator, with members sharing roster duties. We loan a wide range of quality toys, equipment, puzzles and games, saving our members money, storage space and reducing our carbon footprint. Open Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10am-12noon.
Fundraising for Smith Family & Learning for Life Program helping|disadvantaged Australian primary school students and the local community.||Guest speakers|Fun Activies|Lunches Monthly
* Bay Park, Joseph Harris Park is an 86 acre property approximately 7 kilometres from Melbourne and 1 kilometres from Mornington|* Camping facilities for scouting organizations |* (If not a menber of the scouts you have to have a public liability insurance policy if you wish to camp here)|* Non powered sites|* Sixteen powered sites|* Syndicate room, 8 Bunk Self Contained|* Chapel, outdoor chapel available for services|* BMX Bike Track|* Archery|* Bird watching|* Bush golf|* Bush walking |* Canoeing B.Y.O.|* Flying fox|* Mountain Bike (BYO)|* Nature walks|* Orienteering|* Obstacle courses|* Volleyball|* Bay Park has three 'Red Rattlers' train carriages which can accommodate thirty four people in two rooms of 8, and two rooms of 6 people, three other compartments which sleep two people, includes a fully equiped kitchen, dining car recreation car|* Log Cabin Lodge, accommodates up to fifty people in a five bunk rooms of ten people. It is equiped with full kitchen, dining and recreational facilities|* Log Cabin Cottage, accommodation for twelve people. Lounge, kitchen, three bedrooms|* Syndicate Room, a multi-purpose building 8 bunk self contained. |* Family Camping Area has sixteen powered sites available for camping with shower and toilet facilities provided. Unpowered sites also available|* Chalet and Storm Huts. Basic power and lights. May be pre-booked if weather is a problem
Grassroots Youth Mentoring Service standing beside young people as they build bridges, not walls and regain authorship over their own lives and stories while helping to overcome the challenges of complex life issues through strengths based narrative therapy, 1:1 & Group Mentoring and purpose driven workshops.
* Family group homes, for children and young people unable to live with their families in the medium to long-term|* Sages Cottage Farm, Baxter - Animal Assisted Therapy for young people (8-12 years old) who have or are experiencing neglect, abuse or domestic violence|* Enhanced Visitation Centre provides supervised access for parents and their children at Sages Cottage Farm|* Sages Cottage Cafe (see separate entry)|* Traineeships in Horticulture and Hospitality |* RTO Registered Training Organisation - Sages Cottage Farm