* Family support, Disability care support, |* Parent / education groups, |* Peer parent support groups, Individual support packages, flexible support
* Services includes consultation with a trained Breastfeeding counsellor and ongoing information and support|* Supports and educates mothers wishing to breastfeed their babies.|* Regular discussion group meetings and coffee mornings held at different venues|* Lending library available on all aspects of Mothering and Child Care.|* Electric Breast Pump for Hire|* Local counsellors are on the Peninsula, and at Carrum Downs, Frankston and Chelsea
*When children can't live safely at home because of serious child abouse,|neglect, and family violence, volunteer foster carers provide temporary care for|children and young people in their home. Berry Street accredit foster carers|from the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
Biala Peninsula supports children (0-12) with additional needs, delays and disabilities and their families. We work 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) and can offer services in the home, community or at our centre.
Our passionate team at Biala are constantly growing and building on services and programs based on the needs of the children and families we work with.
Some of our services include
Occupational therapist– supporting the development of a child’s independence in everyday activities including eating, dressing, toileting and a range of activities that are part of family life.
Physiotherapist- Their specialist knowledge can contribute to supporting a child’s development in the areas of movement, posture and balance.
Speech pathologist– A speech pathologist will work in supporting a child who has difficulties talking, understanding speech, stuttering, eating and drinking, swallowing or drooling.
Specialist Early Childhood Educators– Professionals who are trained in early years education are often part of ECEI teams, and assist families to understand their child’s needs and to provide opportunities and experiences that support their learning and development.
Music Therapy- Music therapists can help children improve their development through the planned and controlled use of music. Areas of development such as cognitive functioning, motor skills, emotional development, communication, sensory and social skills can be improved.
Aquatic OT- Occupational Therapy in the Pool
Groups - various groups run to improve Speech, Motor & Social Skills
3 year old Kinder - Inclusive kindergarten program
Biala is a registered NDIS provider and can provide a range of supports including Daily Living, Core Supports and Support Coordination
You can also access Biala programs using Helping Children with Autism funding, Betterstart funding and Medicare, or you can choose to fund our programs privately.
We support children and young people and their families in Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula to build friendships, widen social networks, and promote inclusion to strengthen the bonds people have within their communities. For young people with a disability (0-30 years) who have an NDIS Plan we offer Support Co-ordination, Plan Management, Inclusion Support Workers to provide 1:1 support and skills training, and a Volunteer Match Program for friendship/mentoring.
Wallaroo Community Centre in Hastings West aims to increase community safety, wellbeing and inclusion, with a special focus on women and children. It offers a range of activities and services including Neighbourhood House programs, local Aboriginal Elders meetings, arts space, children’s playgroups, and parent and family engagement programs.
Hastings Toy Library is a non-profit, community managed organisation that provides a toy lending service to families and has been running for over 30 years, funded by the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council. The Library is managed by a Committee of Management and a Toy Library Coordinator, with members sharing roster duties. We loan a wide range of quality toys, equipment, puzzles and games, saving our members money, storage space and reducing our carbon footprint.
Fundraising for Smith Family & Learning for Life Program helping|disadvantaged Australian primary school students and the local community.||Guest speakers|Fun Activies|Lunches Monthly
* Bay Park, Joseph Harris Park is an 86 acre property approximately 7 kilometres from Melbourne and 1 kilometres from Mornington|* Camping facilities for scouting organizations |* (If not a menber of the scouts you have to have a public liability insurance policy if you wish to camp here)|* Non powered sites|* Sixteen powered sites|* Syndicate room, 8 Bunk Self Contained|* Chapel, outdoor chapel available for services|* BMX Bike Track|* Archery|* Bird watching|* Bush golf|* Bush walking |* Canoeing B.Y.O.|* Flying fox|* Mountain Bike (BYO)|* Nature walks|* Orienteering|* Obstacle courses|* Volleyball|* Bay Park has three 'Red Rattlers' train carriages which can accommodate thirty four people in two rooms of 8, and two rooms of 6 people, three other compartments which sleep two people, includes a fully equiped kitchen, dining car recreation car|* Log Cabin Lodge, accommodates up to fifty people in a five bunk rooms of ten people. It is equiped with full kitchen, dining and recreational facilities|* Log Cabin Cottage, accommodation for twelve people. Lounge, kitchen, three bedrooms|* Syndicate Room, a multi-purpose building 8 bunk self contained. |* Family Camping Area has sixteen powered sites available for camping with shower and toilet facilities provided. Unpowered sites also available|* Chalet and Storm Huts. Basic power and lights. May be pre-booked if weather is a problem
* Family group homes, for children and young people unable to live with their families in the medium to long-term|* Sages Cottage Farm, Baxter - Animal Assisted Therapy for young people (8-12 years old) who have or are experiencing neglect, abuse or domestic violence|* Enhanced Visitation Centre provides supervised access for parents and their children at Sages Cottage Farm|* Sages Cottage Cafe (see separate entry)|* Traineeships in Horticulture and Hospitality |* RTO Registered Training Organisation - Sages Cottage Farm
* Bowling all year|* Men and Women|* Junior members|* New members welcome|* |* Hall for Hire, Day and Night|* Receptions and Functions up to 16 people|Main Hall - Stage - 2 Chairs - Tables|Kitchen facilities - Caterer available if required
Family Day Care is a quality home-based Education and Care service that is flexible and affordable, and is provided in the homes of our licensed educators. Family Day Care offers a small group environment that is safe, stimulating, and of a high quality.
Family Day Care service operates under the National Quality framework which includes the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations. Our service has a rating of Exceeding National Standards.